Thursday, August 27, 2009

No Greater Joy

What gives you joy? What gives you joy to the utmost?

The apostle John revealed his answer in 3 John 4.

I have no greater joy than to hear that my children are walking in the truth.

It gave me great joy to receive this email from someone in our church earlier this week:

Hi, Tuesday prayer list folks...

I don't send these every week, but I wanted to let you know that I prayed this verse (among other things) for you this morning. Have a great day.

1Corinthians 16:13
That _________ would be on the alert today, standing firm in the faith, acting like godly men (or women) and being strong.


I was among the Tuesday prayer folks in our Seven Day Prayer Directory at OGC. I was SO ENCOURAGED to know that I had been prayed for in such a substantive, biblical way.

And it gave me GREAT JOY that one of His children sought to walk in the truth of praying for one another and communicated that as I have continually sought to exhort us over these last several weeks.

Church, have you prayed for the Thursday prayer folks yet today?

2 comments:

  1. You are on the right track Pastor! Don't give up, but keep on poking us to pray for one another, for without it, there is no OGC to talk about.

    ReplyDelete