Tuesday, August 11, 2009

Depth of Terror, Height of Love

This today in the morning romance with Jesus from a sermon by Charles Spurgeon.

Who would know God's hate of sin must see the Only Begotten bleeding in body and bleeding in soul even unto death. He must, in fact, spell out each word of my text and read its innermost meaning: "He hath made him to be sin for us." Oh depth of terror, and yet height of love! . . . How acceptable with God must those be who are made by God Himself to be "the righteousness of God in him!" I cannot conceive of anything more complete.

2 comments:

  1. This offers me great encouragement. Thank you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh I love Spurgeon! I can't wait to meet him. If he's bothering to pay attn to me (HA!) I expect a smack on the head for how many stupid things I do. Then a big hug and smack on the back of a brother.

    I do hope he's no longer into the cigar thing....

    ReplyDelete