Tuesday, August 11, 2009

Bless You Cancer (4)

Some posts in my journal along the path of treatment of head and neck cancer were decidedly mundane. This from 8.11.05.

Radiation resumed yesterday. I had to take a 2 1/2 hour nap in the afternoon. It wipes me out. Had some nausea but not too bad. It was a fairly uneventful day except for the fact that I moved one day closer to finishing treatment for this horrible disease. Thank you, Father.

In retrospect, a fairly uneventful day in the fight against so formidable an enemy was a good day indeed. Any day without cancer is a great day for sure.

1 comment:

  1. This is certainly something I can't comprehend having not had it. I did have mono for a couple weeks. Worst sore throat in the history of mankind..except for those who've had worse...
    My schedule:
    Take pain med
    eat popcicle
    sleep for 4 hours
    rinse, repeat (often without the rinsing...)

    I can't even imagine what that would be like, having to take myself somewhere for treatment and take myself back home. I'm so grateful G-d chose to heal you, though I know that to be absent from OGC is to be present with the Lord and that would be better for you. I'm a selfish, fallen man...what can I say?

    ReplyDelete