Monday, August 17, 2009

Bless You Cancer (8)

Here is a portion of my journal from 8.17.05.

The day has finally arrived. The treatment finish line! I get my last radiation session on my neck and my last chemo blast to the body. What a long six weeks it has been! Of course, I still have the aftermath of these treatments to deal with, but there is much prayer going up on my behalf and at least I won't be having continuous radiation while the chemo side effects take their toll. At this point I just want the whole thing over with. As [John] Piper wrote to me in an email, "May you come forth as gold."

Proverbs 25:11 says, A word fitly spoken is like apples of gold in a setting of silver. In other words, a comment made or written at just the right time in just the right way with just the right truth is a beautiful thing. Pastor John's reference to 1 Peter 1:7 helped catapult me into a frame of mind to endure what lay ahead. I had no idea just how much I would need such a promise given the suffering yet to come.

2 comments:

  1. I'm so glad you're stuck on this rotting ball of dirt with us! :) You make it a little less rotten.

    ReplyDelete
  2. LOL. To live is Christ, to die is gain!

    ReplyDelete