Thursday, August 6, 2009

Bless You Cancer

I'm closing in on my four year anniversary since finishing treatment. Surgery to remove a tumor on my tongue and the lymph nodes on the right side of my neck. Thirty-nine radiation treatments. Four bouts with chemo. 2005 was not a fun year.

I kept a journal through the process. Today I revisited this time in '05. Here's how part of it reads for August 7.

We watched the celebration of Operation Mobilisation honoring 45 years of George and Drena's ministry. (George Verwer is one of my modern day heroes of the faith.) It was exuberant, funny, touching, and inspiring all at the same time. The man has had a consitent, faithful run. I would really like to finish like that, however much time remains. Would you be gracious to me, Father, and allow that? Thank you for whatever is to come. Help me to be faithful.

Some four years later. God continues to answer that prayer. Blessed be His name.

Let us run with endurance the race that is set before us, looking to Jesus, the founder and perfecter of our faith (Heb. 12:1-2).

No comments:

Post a Comment