Thursday, August 13, 2009

Bless You Cancer (6)

Still home this morning. Feeling a bit stronger. Hope to make it in to the office after lunch.

This entry from my journal of 8.13.05 reminds me how much prayer can be a part of a season of suffering in a believer's life.

One day closer. Vomited twice. Mucous is constant. Today I get my final tumor bed radiation treatment. Now things will be able to heal. After this, three neck treatments and I am done. I just want it to be over. Strengthen me, Lord. It has been so long since I have felt well. May this season come to a close soon.

It felt like I "rowed" on the stormy sea forever. But Jesus did get into the boat and take me to the other side. I'm grateful.

6 comments:

  1. I just happened to hop over to your blog today and saw that you've not been feeling well this week. Had I known before I would have brought you some of my get well soup (which Daniel and I just about finished at lunch today). Praying now that you'll feel better soon.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow...thank you for sharing your journal with us Pastor Curt!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Feeling much better now. Gratefully, a shorter than usual battle with the ole Epstein Barr virus. Thanks for the kind thoughts!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Playing catch-up with your blog after being out of the loop for a while. I just read all the 'Bless You Cancer' posts. Your deep suffering and your response to it is inspiring to us all. Thank you!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I appreciate you allowing us a glimpse into some of your journal entries. It strengthens my faith to know that a man of God was tried by fire and came forth as gold. Praise be to Almighty God! May He give you exceptional health and length of days.

    ReplyDelete
  6. You are such an encouragement to me!

    ReplyDelete