Saturday, July 18, 2009

Where Did the Theme Picture Come From?

If you're wondering where the image at the top of the blog comes from I can tell you. I took this picture at Desiring God's annual pastor's conference last February. I head up there each year for a dose of Christian Hedonism to feed my soul and fill my tank for another year of ministry.

I tried to get a picture of a little plant from Nancy's garden to work, but that just didn't seem to fit the bill. I found this image from a time of prayer at the conference. Late bloomers like me need more than anybody (or so it feels that way to me) to get on their knees and rely on Jesus for His help if we have any hope at all to serve Him for His glory and others' joy (John 15:5).

2 comments:

  1. Ditto for me on the need for prayer on an ongoing basis! Furthermore, there is ample commands from Scripture to be just that - "perpetual burning incense."

    ReplyDelete