Monday, July 27, 2009

More Lessons from the School of Prayer

So far D. A. Carson has given us two lessons:

Much praying is not done because we do not plan to pray.
Adopt practical ways to impede mental drift.

Here is the third:

At various periods in your life, develop, if possible, a prayer-partner relationship.

My heart skipped a beat as I read this:

I know a few pastors who seek out a handful of people who will meet, perhaps early in the morning, to give themselves for an hour or more to intercessory prayer. . . . Such clusters of prayer partners have been used by God again and again to spearhead powerful ministry and extravagant blessing.

I am grateful to be one of those pastors. How thankful I am for our staff and others who come to my place every Monday morning at 6:30 AM to storm the gates of heaven. To God be the glory.

No comments:

Post a Comment